Chinese medicine practitioner position in Moonee Ponds, Melbourne
Independent contractor position
A rare and exciting opportunity exists to broaden your scope of practice with acupuncture and Chinese medicine in a dynamic environment.
$97+ per hour
About Qi Medicine
Qi Medicine has been in operation in Melbourne since 2006 and is now a 5 room multi-modality clinic in the heart of Melbourne.
With a loyal local following, we pride ourselves on offering excellent quality of service and care to our predominantly female client base.
Our key clientele is women looking for help with specific women’s issues including; menstrual irregularities, fertility, IVF and conception, pregnancy support, digestive, skin and hormonal issues, healthy aging, stress, and anxiety relief, plus mood and sleeping issues.
We also provide a board range of other services including muscle and joint pain relief, and the niche offering of cosmetic acupuncture.
How we operate
Qi Medicine is not just a space to support its clients, it also exists to support talented and co-operative doctors of Chinese medicine.
We have a dedicated focus on helping alleviate the client’s pain and suffering as well as elevating and nurturing our staff into the practitioners they want to be.
With a strong focus on personal and professional development, open and frank communication and team development, our aim is to provide jobs for practitioners they will love.
Because of this, we will be only looking for team players who are willing to grow and develop within a cohesive unit and give 110% to every element of their position.
About the role
We are seeking for an experienced therapist to join our team in an independent contractor capacity, starting early 2020.
This position is a unique opportunity to grow as a practitioner in a supportive, dynamic and challenging environment.
We require someone with a strong work ethic plus a desire to develop professionally within our multi–practitioner clinic.
It is important that you have a long-term aspiration to work under the Qi Medicine brand, as someone who wants to grow their own brand would not be suited to this role.
We ideally require an individual who can dedicate no less than three full days per week to this position, plus team and personal development outside working hours.
Qi Medicine is dedicated to supporting you grow and thrive as a Chinese medicine practitioner and will help you through:
- Attending regular team building and one-to-one mentoring sessions
- Taking a proactive approach to building and maintaining your client base
- Supporting your development as you grow as a therapsit
The right candidate will enjoy the benefits of:
- Working within a professional, long-established clinic
- Excellent working conditions, remuneration, and clinical support
- Support from a growing team of Chinese medicine doctors and support staff
- Large, comfortable modern rooms, a secure environment with great off-street parking
- HICAPS and EFTPOS, online practice management software
- In the heart of a high growth population area
To be considered for this role you would need to possess the following:
- Close attention to detail and excellent people skills
- Full registration, insurance and association membership in Australia, plus an ABN
- Clinical experience preferred but new graduates considered
- A professional manner and dress plus excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A high level of professionalism and a thorough understanding of APHRA guidelines
- Be able to work quickly and efficiently under a busy schedule, working from two rooms simultaneously
- Be willing to engage in regular feedback and peer group sessions
- Be proactive and work autonomously with minimal guidance
- Possess a passion for bringing high level healthcare to the community
- Have reliable transport
It is preferable you will have skills in the following areas:
- Kirsten Wolfe’s fertile life training program, or formal fertility training
- Women’s health, pregnancy, fertility, and IVF support
- Gynecological conditions such as endometriosis, PCOS and menstrual issues
- General practice acupuncture skills (I.e. pain management, stress, sleep, and digestive issues)
- Patent herbal medicine, general nutrition advice, and nutritional supplements
- Some knowledge of supplements including Metagenics brand
- Flame cupping and moxibustion therapy
- Some basic massage/ tui na skills
- Facial rejuvenation and cosmetic acupuncture (training provided if needed to the right candidate)*
Your role will be that of an independent contractor, who must be available to work three days and must include either a Saturday or 2 weekday evenings.
In this role you will be expected to perform a range of duties pertaining to client treatment, follow up and care. These duties include:
- Performing all clinical treatments within the allocated timeframes
- Providing clients with treatment timelines and expectations
- Being the primary contact for clients with questions/ concerns
- Selling herbal and other products per client needs
- Maintaining all payments and client records in Cliniko practice management software
All applicants must provide a Curriculum Vitae and a cover letter. In your cover letter please outline:
- Your experience and skills relevant to this specific role, including fertility and pregnancy training, and cosmetic acupuncture experience
- Your top three personal qualities that would make you an excellent fit for our team
- Your top three areas that you feel you would like to develop as a therapist
- Your aspirations as a practitioner for the next 2-5 years (where do you see yourself?)
- Any other qualities you feel will make you the perfect candidate for this role
Please forward your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Successful applicants will be contacted for a follow-up phone interview.
Applications for this role will close on Sunday, 23rd Feburary 2020.
Chinese Medicine Job Melbourne
Acupuncturist job Melbourne