It is so exciting to officially introduce you all to Dr Zahra Nasr, our newest Chinese medicine and acupuncture doctor in the practice. Dr Zahra will be taking over for Dr Sheena while she is on maternity leave from the end of April 2017.
Dr Zahra has been working with Dr Sheena for the past three years and has expertise in all areas of Chinese medicine and acupuncture. Dr Zahra is especially adept in treating fertility issues and women’s health, providing fertility acupuncture, support through IVF treatment with Chinese medicine, balancing women’s health and hormones before conception, and helping couples through the pregnancy and birthing journey.
Dr Zahra had also spent several years training with Dr Sheena in cosmetic and facial rejuvenation acupuncture and will be able to help Qi Medicine clients achieve naturally healthy and glowing skin. Dr Zahra is also adept at treating a wide variety of health disorders, from digestive and sleeping issues to muscle aches and pains with acupuncture and cupping.
Dr Zahra will be available Monday, Wednesday and Saturday. We can’t wait for you to book in and meet Dr Zahra in person! For all questions and bookings, you can contact us here.
Dr Zahra’s Qualifications include:
- Bachelor of applied science (human biology) / Bachelor of applied science (Chinese medicine) – RMIT University, Australia
- Exchange certificate in human biology and neuroscience – University of Florida, USA
- Distal needling for fast pain relief – University of technology Sydney – Australia
- Certificate traditional Japanese acupuncture and moxibustion
- Certificate in working medicine; the practice of traditional complementary and alternative medicine in an evidence-based medicine world
- Advanced master tung acupuncture – Endeavour college of natural medicine – Sydney
HSK 4 certificate in Chinese language – Nanjing University of TCM, China
- Clinical internship, Jiangsu provincial hospital (China)
- Registered with the Australian health practitioners regulation agency (AHPRA)
- Member of the Australian natural therapists association (ANTA)
- Level 2 senior first aid
- Fully insured
- Registered with all Australian private health funds